Friday, December 20, 2013

5 Days and Counting Down: Used on New Books and More

Today's Positive Eye On Small & Local: 
Used on New Books and More in Mount Clemens. 

This was my second big find near the beginning of my rediscovery of Downtown Mount Clemens, a bit over two years ago. I bill this store, in my little Tout video vignette (below), as "The Book Shop with a Personality". I'm not sure I can improve on that statement, nor even explain it... but I stand behind it. If you want to feel it for yourself, go on in and look around for a while. Take your time. 
Used on New Books and More is most definitely a work of love: the love of books... of all kinds. 
Together with Weirdsville Records (see yesterday's blog post) housed somewhat neatly inside, the shops form a powerful team that give the love of books, music, art, and film a personal touch that is available to all who wander inside. 
After-hours events such as artist sketching jams and murder mystery parties make this place far better than a mere neighborhood book shop... that's all part of the "and More".
It's no wonder that this is one of my all-time favorite places! 


No comments:

Post a Comment