Saturday, December 21, 2013

4 Days and Counting Down: PYRO Art Glass

Today's Positive Eye On Small & Local: 
PYRO Art Glass in Mount Clemens. 

You have no idea how incredibly blessed I feel to have a glassblowing studio and store such as PYRO Art Glass just two miles from my house (123 S. Main). Not only do they create some of the most gorgeous glass pieces I've ever had the pleasure to set my eyes on, but they are the most friendly, good-hearted people around. They love what they do and show it by holding demonstrations during events (or, when possible, even if you just ask 'em) while talking with the customers and onlookers about what goes into this beautiful art. They are constantly inventing new things to make and new ways to make them. While I was shooting this Tout video, I saw the vintage Chevy Bel-Air they whipped up out of molten glass... fantastic!
The really cool part of this is that they are not just a local shop... the items for sale are made right there! You just can't get any more local than that! 

No... I did not include the glass Chevy in the video. But, If you get over there quick enough, it may still be around to look at. If you miss it, don't fret... they have a lot of pretty things to please the eye! They also have extended holiday hours. Click on that link and give 'em a ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment