Friday, May 3, 2013

"Local" Means "Local to You"

   I live in Clinton Township, several hundred feet north of the Mount Clemens border. The closest concentrated small-business shopping district local to me is Downtown Mount Clemens.
   I can walk there.
   It is (almost literally) in my back yard. It is not so far from me that my visits must be infrequent due to time constraints or limitations on fuel economy. That's why I am able to get to know it so well... and how I manage to stumble over something new to me so delightfully often.
   What I am trying to do, is to get across the notion that what I have here, so close to me, is something that you, wherever you might be located, have near to you, too!
   It may well be that you are already familiar with the little places close by your home... but, if you are not, I think if you would just take the time to bop around and get to know the local shops and eateries in your area, you might find yourself pleasantly surprised!
   Know some little local place where you love to shop, eat, or just visit?
   I'd love to hear about it!
  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment