Thursday, May 16, 2013

Brief Highlights

   This doesn't have anything to do with strolling around the shopping district, but I really would love to share how proud I felt when I watched my sister, Lucy, walk across the stage and collect her Associate's Degree in Applied Sciences from Macomb County Community College, last Friday.
   That's the kind of local phenomenon I love to spread around. Congrats, kid!

   Another highlight came on Mother's Day, when I could finally give my mom that uniquely beautiful glass flower that I was able to create with the help of  Philip Yamron and Robin Ochs at PYRO Art Glass, the weekend before. It turned out beautifully... and the smile on her face was really worth it. Being part of the creation process was so much more fulfilling than just going out and buying a knick-knack, since it is a one-of-a-kind gift with a personal touch.

   Tonight is Weirdsville Movie Night. The feature tonight will be Bubba Ho-Tep which, according to Davey Taylor's description should be just my kind of funny. If you've not experienced the Thursday night Weirdsville after-hours fun, you should get it in gear and come on down to 36 New Street in Downrown Mount Clemens at 8:00pm, tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment