Friday, April 26, 2013

The Friday Night That Planned itself

   I'd already known for a couple weeks that tonight at 8:00pm would be the only chance I would get to see On Golden Pond at The Box Theater. It does have one more show, tomorrow night (Saturday, April 27th at 8:00pm)... but I've duties elsewhere in that time slot, so its to be tonight or not at all.
   Then I got to thinking about what I might want to do for dinner before the show.
   Just yesterday, I got my answer when I found out that at 5:00pm there was to be a special sneak-preview screening party for tomorrow's episode of Under The Radar Michigan at The Mitt Restaurant, in Mount Clemens. This particular show includes some interesting places in Traverse City, but (more importantly to me... and maybe to you, too) also some very cool local spots right here in Downtown Mount Clemens... including Weirdsville Records, among others! The show itself is screening at 6:00pm, so I should have plenty of time to get down to the theater.
   So, I get to finally set foot in this local eatery that I have been wanting to try out for some time, whilst getting a chance to see some television time devoted to this downtown area that I find so likable, and I get to top it all off by enjoying some pricelessly charming small theater.
   I just found out, mere minutes ago, that if I get down to Champagne Chocolates before they close at 5:00pm, I can grab a few of their new "Nutty Butter Bites - Peanut Butter with an extra crunch".
   See? That's how it seems to happen. Dinner planned itself, and now dessert has done so, as well!
   Have I mentioned that I love this town?

No comments:

Post a Comment