Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I on Downtown Mt Clemens - Late March 2013

   It has been a very busy week for me, and I plan to have a bit of fun to unwind.
   I begin tomorrow evening. Every Thursday night is Weirdsville Movie Night at Weirdsville Records on New Street. The feature for March 28th is Plan 9 from Outer Space, which should be loads of fun because of its cult-favorite, B-movie status. If you have never experienced Weirdsville Movie Night, you should really check it out. Do not expect to see super-serious, trendy, avant-garde film fanatics soberly analyzing little-known flicks, here... it is more like being in the silhouette audience of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Don't take my word for it, just head on down there, tomorrow night... I'll keep an eye out for ya!
   While I'm on the subject of Weirdsville Records, I ought to mention that they have won the award for Best Indie Record Store in Macomb County according to the MetroTimes Best of Detroit 2013! They are celebrating this on Friday, March 29th. The store is open from 11:00am - 8:00pm, that day.
   Coincidentally, March 29th is Mom and Pop Business Owners Day. How about that?

   Friday night, I will be taking in the second-to-last performance of The Fantasticks at the Box Theater, which is at the corner of Macomb Place and Pine Street (formerly the site of the Ché Cosa coffee shop). I saw this, last Friday night and I feel compelled to see it again... and I'm bringing friends.
   Rarely have I ever had such a great time watching local theater. The cast acts like they were born performing this play together. It is an engaging story, at once charming, delightful, and funny.

   A couple of other tidbits:

   I stopped by Champagne Chocolates on Cherry Street to gather some Easter candy. If you have never partaken of their fresh and wonderful wares, you should really treat yourself and your loved ones. Just the ears off of one of their chocolate bunnies is far more satisfying than whole rabbits that have been sitting in warehouses for who-knows-how-long waiting for the drugstore Easter sale. Trust me on this... they are a worthy purchase!

   Last (but not the least bit least!), for another delightful experience, stop on by Max & Ollie's Vintage Boutique at 65 Macomb Place. Owner Diane Kubik is a most charming shopkeeper... and she is letting go a whole lot of Easter treasures at a discount. Tell her that Lee sentcha!

No comments:

Post a Comment